Support Education Opportunities For Adults in Arizona
Goodwill of Central and Northern Arizona is working to end poverty in Arizona. By 2022, we plan to open our first Excel Center in order to make our vision a reality. This adult high school will provide a full high school curriculum so that individuals can continue their education, secure their diploma, and have access to so much more!
Arizona Legislation will authorize “adult high schools” modeled after the successful Excel Center schools operated by Goodwill regions across the country. These schools are designed to allow adult learners to earn a high school diploma and workforce credentials.
- Excel Centers are NOT traditional adult education high school certificate programs, Excel Centers are high schools.
- Excel Centers are NOT online schools, they rely on direct instruction and brick and mortar facilities.
- Approximately 14% of the adult population in Arizona (about 700,000 Arizonans) have less than a high school diploma or its equivalent. This has serious adverse effects on the individual, their family, and the
community at large. Learn more about the positive economic impact of The Excel Center here.
Here’s 10 Things To Know about the impact The Excel Center will make in our community:
1. Excel Centers are public high schools serving adults.
2. Excel Centers graduates earn a high school diploma and workforce credentials.
3. Excel Centers support students with academic, social, and employment supports; including childcare, career and life coaching, relevant academic content, employment assistance, etc.
4. Arizona Legislation is necessary to allow for public high schools serving adults.
5. The need is great, more than 700,000 working age adults in Arizona do not have a high school diploma.
6. Excel Centers are a proven solution; started in Indianapolis over a decade ago, they have proven to increase salaries, reduce reliance on public assistance, assist in anti-recidivism, and drive economic value to the state and local communities.
7. Research of the Indianapolis Excel Centers has shown a $12,000 wage increase for Excel Center graduates who went directly into the workforce (Univ. of Notre Dame, LEO).
8. Excel Centers have demonstrated a direct impact on the academic success of the children of Excel Center graduates; 70% reporting improvement in their children’s school performance.
9. Arizona Legislation would establish the process and accountability for authorizing adult high schools; and limits on student enrollment.
10. Excel Centers now successfully operate in five states across the country and Washington D.C: Indiana, Arkansas, Missouri, Tennessee, and Texas.
Bonus: Excel Centers are a true public private partnership bringing together public education and the workforce development experience of Goodwill.
Here’s why you should vote YES on our continuing high school program. If you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Become a Teacher at The Excel Center
Are you ready to impact thousands of lives in your community? Apply today for positions in teaching and administrative roles.
Have questions? Contact email@example.com