In 2004, Dell Technologies partnered with Goodwill® Industries, to create Dell Reconnect. This program provides consumers throughout the United States a free and simple way to drop off their used computer equipment at one of the 2,000+ participating Goodwill locations to be responsibly recycled.
In addition to helping protect the environment, it also provides skills training and job experience to individuals in our communities through Goodwill’s mission. The trained staff sort and process the equipment to be picked up by Dell and recycled.
This partnership also helps support Dell’s closed-loop process by collecting materials, like plastics and magnets, that are reused to make new computer parts, fueling the circular economy for IT. Dell Reconnect accepts any brand of computer equipment, in any condition. Some items may require extra preparation before dropping off, therefore we ask consumers to make sure to remove any personal data from hard drives or other storage media before bringing their equipment to Goodwill.
Program at a Glance
- Free technology recycling for consumers
- Accepts any brand of computer electronics, computer accessories, batteries and printer supplies, in any condition.
- More than 588 million pounds (267 million kilograms) of computer electronics have been responsibly recycled through Goodwill since the partnership started in 2004.
- Offered at more than 2,000 locations throughout the United States
- Donations help communities by providing job training and opportunities for underprivileged people
- Plastics (and formerly, gold) collected from used computers are recycled into new computer
Please visit: DellTechnologies.com/Reconnect to learn more about our partnership.